The Pet Loss Professionals Alliance is committed to being an educational resource to its members. The membership, including pet loss suppliers and pet death care facility operators, will be dedicated to the respectful and dignified treatment of those pets entrusted to us. We will do this through the creation of programs to profitably meet the changing needs of the pet death care industry and our process partners in the areas of cemeteries, crematories and pet loss facilities, as well as the creation of standards to willfully meet our customers expectations.
The PLPA’s commitment to its membership is to assist in:
- Fostering positive consumer relationships by promoting high ethical standards
- Encouraging our members to promote the dignified and respectful care of the pet bodies
- Promoting cemeteries, crematories and memorial centers as respectful resting areas and as a place of lasting tribute to the memories of our beloved pets
- Providing services, products and educational opportunities with an emphasis on those resources that members cannot as effectively provide for themselves.
- Being proactive in leadership on legislative, regulatory and legal issues
- Creating mutually beneficial relationships with state, regional, international and allied associations
- Providing members the opportunity for growth and recognition through participation in the ICCFA
Obligations of Membership in PLPA
Members of the PLPA recognize that we have special obligations to the pets, families and other businesses that we serve. As guardians of pets in death, we pledge:
- To care for the remains of those entrusted to us with dignity, respect and professional skill, whether at a clinic, funeral home, crematory or cemetery
- To honor the wishes of the family and to serve all families with respect, understanding and confidentiality
- To protect and preserve all interment sites and relevant historical data entrusted to us
- To be guided by the spirit and letter of all applicable laws and regulations set by governing bodies with jurisdiction over our activities in the ownership, management and operation of a funeral home, crematory, cemetery or related endeavor
- To be an educational resource and guide in standards relating to final pet death care options for our client families as well as our process partners