Become a Member
Where will your company be this time next year?
In five years? 10? 20?
The cemetery, cremation and funeral industry is undergoing profound changes. Those businesses that adapt will prosper, while those that do not may face extinction.
The ICCFA is the only association poised to help you adjust so that you can expand your business and your service to families.
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the fastest growing international association in the industry, with more than 9,100 member companies and an Annual Convention & Exposition that has almost doubled in size in the past eight years.
The primary reasons for the growth of the association and its programs are innovation and the progressive attitudes of our members. The ICCFA is known for creating an atmosphere of openness and is often called a “glass half full” organization, with members who maintain a focus on the future and actively seek out what is possible.
Obligations of Membership & Bylaws
Members of the ICCFA recognize that we have special obligations to the families and public we serve. As Guardians of a Nation’s Heritage, we pledge:
- To care for the remains of those entrusted to us with dignity, respect, and professional skill, whether at a funeral home, crematory or cemetery.
- To honor the wishes of the deceased and their family and to serve all families with respect, understanding and confidentiality.
- To administer and safeguard all advance planning and permanent memorialization funds for their lawful and intended purpose.
- To protect and preserve all interment sites and relevant historical data entrusted to us.
- To be guided by the spirit and letter of all applicable laws and regulations set by governing bodies with jurisdiction over our activities in the ownership, management and operation of a funeral home, crematory, cemetery or related endeavor.
A membership to ICCFA includes:
Click any of the following to learn more.
ICCFA Magazine & Wireless e-newsletter
Published 10 times a year, our award-winning magazine offers practical, “how to” articles, case studies and commentary contributed directly by our members as well as coverage of the most pressing federal legislative and regulatory issues facing the industry.
Available exclusively to ICCFA members, our bi-weekly electronic newsletter offers timely legislative, industry and association news.
Top-Rated Convention & Conferences
Pet Loss Professionals Alliance (PLPA)
Cremation Resource Hotline
The ICCFA has partnered with Answering Service for Directors (ASD) to create a cremation hotline to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding cremation, completely FREE of charge. This means that the greatest pool of cremation experts ever assembled is now at your service, 24/7! ICCFA members can call 1-855-388-CRM8 to speak directly to a cremation expert.
Model Contract & Programs
The ICCFA has developed forms, contracts and programs that can be accessed by members and customized to promote best practices at their locations:
- Cremation Authorization Forms
- Funeral Home and Cemetery Contracts with Third-Party Crematories
- Red Flag “Identity Theft” Compliance Program
- Document Retention/Destruction Sample Policies
- Whistleblower Sample Policies
- IRS Conflict-of-Interest Form for Officers and Directors
- Sample Influenza Policy for Employee Handbook
Complimentary Funeral Rule Compliance Review
TSYS Merchant Solutions
TSYS Merchant Solutions was recently named as the exclusive payment processing member benefit provider for ICCFA. Serving merchants for more than 30 years, TSYS Merchant Solutions offers ICCFA members a discounted payment acceptance program tailored to your business needs. By partnering with TSYS, you may be able to reduce your operating costs and improve cash flow. Call 888.749.7860 or visit their website for a free cost savings analysis. The TSYS Resource Center contains more information on best practices, white papers and on-demand webcasts. Benefits of the program include:
- free business, social media and reputation tracking analysis tools to help your business grow
- “Meet or Beat Guarantee”: If we cannot beat your rate we will pay you up to $500
- full line of payment acceptance products customized to your specific business needs
- 24/7 live customer support
- free online reporting
Business Insurance Program
Designed to protect your company against the specific exposures of the funeral industry, the ICCFA Business Insurance Program offers deeply-rooted security for your business. The program is exclusively available to members of the ICCFA and offers competitive pricing, superior customer service and a dedicated sales team. For more information, visit iccfa.ajg.com. If you have questions or would like to receive a quote, contact Kaitlin Radke, ICCFA Business Insurance Specialist, at 855.656.3829 or Kaitlin_Radke@ajg.com. Business insurance solutions include:
- General Liability
- Commercial Auto
- Cyber Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Funeral Directors Errors & Omissions/Professional
Full Access to Online Materials
Legal & Management Strategies
The ICCFA has developed education and resources for members to assist them with legal and regulatory issues facing their businesses:
- Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance
- Air Cargo “Known Shipper” and Screening Compliance
- OSHA Compliance
- Union Organizing Activities
- Prepaid Telephone Consultations
- ICCFA Online Directory Listing
- Discount Programs
- Funeral Service Credit Union
- Freight Savings Plan
The ICCFA holds exclusive retainer agreements with three attorneys and a certified public accountant to provide expert advice and opinion at no charge to members with questions affecting their business:
- Tax attorney Les Schneider
- Labor law attorney Michael Pepperman
- Cremation counsel Poul Lemasters
Thousands of consumers use the provider directory each month to search for ICCFA-member cemeteries, crematories and funeral homes by name or location.
SAVE THOUSANDS! – You work hard for your money. Save it! ICCFA membership includes discounts on travel, car rentals, office supplies, and much more. In addition, some industry suppliers offer discounts and special offers to ICCFA members on products and services that you use everyday. Updated list coming soon!
Funeral Service Credit Union has been providing a sound financial foundation to the funeral service community for over 30 years. Funeral service associations, companies, employees and retirees all rely on FSCU for financial services specifically attuned to their needs. They work to provide growth and security to our community, as you reach out to help yours. Learn more at fscunet.org.
More choices! Bigger discounts! – For small parcel shipping, Shipping SOS offers discounts with the United States Post Office and DHL, plus outstanding savings with Other Major Carriers. Call service provider Siriani at 800 554-0005 or click on Shipping SOS to learn more. For large or heavyweight items, discounts in excess of 80% are available with an extensive network of less-than-truckload carriers. Shipping to a trade show? Call 800 554-0005 for a quote! Great rates on international shipping too. Click here for free enrollment. ICCFA members can save when shipping:
- overnight documents
- sales and marketing materials
- equipment to your business
- equipment and supplies to your customers
- exhibit materials for conventions and expositions
- international shipments
- Support of ICCFA's Public Education Efforts
- Support of ICCFA's Government Relations Efforts
- Support of ICCFA's Consumer Mediation Efforts
The ICCFA conducts ongoing efforts to educate consumers about the value of memorialization, remembrance, and prearrangement. We provide extensive consumer information and regularly respond to misleading media reports relating to the industry.
The ICCFA continually monitors federal legislation and regulations as well as the courts and keeps members up-to-date on the issues affecting the industry and small businesses. Our Model Legislative and Regulatory Guidelines have been widely distributed to state organizations to promote the adoption of sound legislation that is sensitive to the needs of both businesses and consumers. The ICCFA also provides testimony before Congressional committees and federal agencies as well as friend-of-the-court briefs in support of members’ interests.
The ICCFA Cemetery Consumer Service Council provides mediation services to assist members in handling consumer complaints to the satisfaction of all parties.