The ICCFA has been invited to be a panelist during the Federal Trade Commission’s upcoming public workshop on Thursday, September 7, 2023, from 9:30 AM – 3:15 PM EDT. The purpose of the workshop is to seek further input on proposed changes to the Funeral Rule. Click here to join the live stream of the workshop.
The workshop will be divided into five panels (the ICCFA will participate in Panels 1 & 3) and will explore many of the issues raised in the Advanced Notice on Proposed Rulemaking, including whether and how funeral providers should be required to display or distribute their price information online or through electronic means.
- 9:30 – 9:45 am
- Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 9:50 – 11:00 am
- Panel 1: Online Disclosures: Is it Needed? The Pros/Cons
- 11:15 – 12:00 pm
- Panel 2: Online Disclosures: Practical Considerations
- 12:50 – 1:10 pm
- Panel 3: Basic Service Fee
- 1:15 – 2:05 pm
- Panel 4: General Price List Updates: Fee Disclosures and Mandatory Embalming Disclosures
- 2:20 – 3:10 pm
- Panel 5: Alkaline Hydrolysis, Natural Organic Reduction, and Other New Trends in the Funeral Industry
The ICCFA believes it is important to offer solutions and suggestions for the proposed changes to the Funeral Rule and will continue to be a strong voice for you and the deathcare profession so you can serve your communities in a more natural, and less mandated manner.