Superintendent (Sacramento, CA)
Your dream job awaits you at Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes in Sacramento, CA! If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you!
At Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes, Passion is what drives us to treat every family we serve as if they were our own, & that includes our Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes family. We offer competitive pay, 401K, Health/Dental insurance, paid vacations, and a positive environment.
We’ve made it our life’s work to take care of others – and that starts with our employees. Work and life: balanced. Ideas and innovation: invited. Employment here is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, benefits & work/life balance to change yours.
Why Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We have a great employee focused culture
- Meaningful work that makes a true difference in people’s lives
- We are part of a national brand which provides opportunity for growth
We are seeking a Superintendent for Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes in Sacramento, CA. This position will be responsible for managing and coordinating the day to day activities of the cemetery caretakers including cemetery operations, facilities, grounds, equipment maintenance and supply/inventory. The successful candidate will have strong work ethic and previous experience in a general labor or grounds keeping type position.
- Ensure memorialization sites are prepared for services as expected by each client family
- Maintain existing memorials and crypts
- Verify the location of all interments, entombments or inurnments are accurate
- Ensure that the grounds crew uniforms, personal appearance, actions and demeanor present an appropriate image to client families
- Maintain proper inventories of equipment, supplies and merchandise
- Ensure that all equipment is cleaned and properly maintained
- Ensure that all facilities are cleaned and that daily “policing” of the grounds occurs wherein random debris, trash, tree limbs or other unsightly or disrespectful items are removed and discarded appropriately
- Able to fill any role required in the grounds keeping/facilities maintenance function
- Ensure that all interment verification procedures (IVP) are taught, learned, inspected and adhered to
- Work with the general manager to ensure long-term health (appearance, safety, etc.) of the cemetery grounds, maintenance facilities and equipment.
- Consult with sales, administration and funeral operations teams to meet client family requests
- Ensure that all members of the caretaker team observe Federal (OSHA), state and local safety requirements for themselves and visitors to the cemetery
- Maintain a safe working environment by training the staff in proper techniques and use of safety equipment
- Ensure that all physical components of the memorialization process are in compliance with the cemetery’s current rules and regulations
- Apply proper precautions and safety measures while working
- Operate equipment in a safe and careful manner
- Ability to operate large mechanical equipment and machines
- Capable of moving and installing burial vaults
- Capable of understanding maps for grave locations and layouts
- Ability to lead other staff in the caretaking of the facility and grounds
- Work cooperatively with other individuals
- Ability to show respect and reverence toward client families
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Click here to join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.