Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmers (Shreveport, LA)
Letum, Inc. is looking for Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmers to fill roles for its Lousiana Properties. Our current needs are:
Fully licensed Funeral Director and Embalmers. Funeral Directors/Embalmers do it all when it comes to funeral arrangements from First Call to Final Disposition. They must be able to effectively communicate and work well on a team of varied individuals to accomplish location and company goals and advance community relationships. The positions available will report directly to the General Manager of the location. The ideal person will be self-motivated, team player, and always work towards the continuous improvement of the Funeral Home operations including; identifying, promotion, and implementation of new learning and ideas.
Various positions are available through with our Shreveport, Louisiana locations for licensed Funeral Director/Embalmers. The ideal candidates will work well in team-oriented environments, accept constructive criticism, and continually work on the advancement of the Funeral Home within the community.
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Supports the company mission and goals to provide success to their location(s)
- Understands and adheres to Company Policies and Procedures outlined in company manuals
- Effective communication skills with staff, families, and the community. Including the ability to convey difficult messages in a candid, honest, and caring manner along with the ability to listen to and understand varied points of view.
- Possess high ethical standards demonstrated in a way that inspires trust. Treatment of others with respect and maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Marketing within the community to improve location market share through community events, group presentations, and other assignments as directed by their supervisor.
- Perform full range of Funeral Director/Embalmer responsibilities (per active licensure): On-call/first call rotation and availability, transport, meeting with client families, personalization of funeral services, ensures positive family experience, proper paperwork and tasks completed regarding funeral arrangements (permits, certificates, company documentation, computer system entry, etc.), Conduct and attend funeral services, work with Pre-Need team on aftercare.
- Ability lead and/or work on a team of individuals to ensure funeral services are executed to exceed family expectations
Letum, Inc. offers competitive benefits:
- Competitive Salaries
- 401k with generous company match
- Major Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid continuing education credits and licensure renewals
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
All positions with Letum, Inc. require the following, with reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent, Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Completed Mortuary School and preferred National Board Certified
- Valid state issued Funeral Director/Embalmer license (per state licensing requirement)
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience in the Funeral Industry for Funeral Directors
- Valid state issued drivers license in good standing and acceptable driving record
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Computer Data Entry, and ability to learn new computer systems
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in removal and funeral arrangements
- All licensure and continuing education credits kept current
- Ability to perform embalming and decedent care per state requirements
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs without the assistance of powered equipment
- Work in varied outdoor weather conditions and stand for long periods of time
- Dedication to providing the highest quality products and services to our customers consistently; providing every family with every option, every time.
- Work long and unusual schedules including weekends, evenings, and holidays as required
- Must be able to work in an emotional environment dealing with Families’ grief
- Always Maintain a professional appearance and adhere to professional standards of conduct both on and off the clock.
- Perform janitorial duties as needed, including using chemical cleaning products.
- Ability to learn or know the use of office equipment: phones, copiers, fax machine, audio/video equipment, etc.
All interested applicants can email their resume to email@example.com .
All inquires are handled with the utmost confidentiality.