Funeral Home Manager (Hayward, CA)
We are offering a career opportunity at a truly unique location for the right person.
Are you a proven team-builder who takes pride in seeing your people execute at the highest level? Do you have an entrepreneurial heart and mind that race at the challenge of growing local influence? Are you passion-ate about serving a diverse community that places a high value on funeral services and memorialization? Do you believe that customers inherently deserve the highest level of care from a team of committed profession-als?
If so, that right person might be you!
We are seeking a Funeral Home Manager for Chapel of the Chimes in Hayward, CA. Originally founded as a pioneer cemetery in 1872, Chapel of the Chimes – Hayward has grown to care for more families than nearly any Bay Area Funeral home at over 1,400 annually. Situated within a truly unique Memorial Park, boasting two iconic chapels and an onsite crematory facility, Chapel of the Chimes – Hayward is poised to serve the East Bay community for generations to come.
As Funeral Home Manager, you would be accountable for directing and leading funeral home operations in-cluding selecting, training, and motivating location professionals to reach new heights of service excellence. You would be supported by a dynamic and courageous Leadership Team that is invested in your own success as a leader. The right candidate will have strong planning, organizational and time management skills, excel-lent people skills, a passion for service, and possess the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Lead and develop a cooperative team environment that is respectful, communicative, accountable, and ser-vice oriented
- Monitor and assess performance of oneself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Develop and maintain community connections through events and relationship development
- Manage, coordinate, and oversee decedent preparation team
- Coordinate staff associates for services, visitations, or identification viewings
- Maintain compliance for state board and county health inspections
- Conduct all ongoing training and safety classes including formaldehyde testing as required annually and staff meetings on a regular basis
- Monitor and maintain proper service and merchandise pricing, inventory and supply levels
- Regularly monitors office procedures to ensure all financial guidelines are being followed
- 5+ years of experience in related field
- Must possess an active California Funeral Directors License or be able to obtain one upon hiring
- 2+ years of management or leadership experience; funeral profession preferred
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Adaptable to and proficient with computer software and operating programs
- Professional communication and effective leadership skills
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Click here to join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.