Funeral Director (Tampa, FL)
Licensed Funeral Director
Our family owned and operated funeral home is looking for a licensed funeral director. Tampa, Florida has the year-round climate, and convenience that make it a marvelous place to live. Candidates should be reliable, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, and have proficiency in all facets of funeral service. Most importantly, candidates should have a passion for customer service and serving families.
Responsibilities and essential funeral director/embalmer functions include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting with client families to make arrangements, presenting and explaining service options, and assisting with all aspects of coordinating plans for burial and cremation.
- Preparing human bodies for burial including embalming, cosmetics, cleaning and dressing of the body and casketing.
- Creating meaningful services that are centered on the family.
- Directing funeral and memorial services.
- Making removals (transfers) from the place of death and transporting the deceased to the funeral home.
- Communicating openly and effectively with staff and co-workers.
- Must be willing to work nighttime, weekends, and holidays on a rotating basis.
- Fully licensed or ability to obtain Florida funeral director’s license.
- Funeral Directing and prep room experience preferred but will consider a new graduate.
- A competitive salary
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- A fair work and on-call schedule
- Working at an independently owned funeral home
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resumes to email@example.com