Funeral Director Intern (Homestead, FL)
Your dream job awaits you at Branam Funeral Home and Crematory in Homestead, FL! If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you! We are changing the culture of our profession in a positive way and we want you to be a part of it. Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities at Branam Funeral Home and Crematory. We can’t wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you’ll love it here.
Benefits of Working at Branam Funeral Home and Crematory:
- We are the preferred provider in our community. Passion is what drives us to treat every family we serve as if they were our own, & that includes our Branam Funeral Home and Crematory family.
- We are a dynamic privately-owned funeral company offering multiple opportunities for growth.
- We offer competitive pay, 401K, Health/Dental insurance, paid vacations, and a positive environment.
- We are putting safety first! We continue to meet and exceed all CDC mandated safeguards for the safety and health of our team.
- We strive to maintain a schedule that allows work/life balanced.
- Historical landmark within the community as the 1st Funeral Home in the area
- Awesome community events, including Blood Drives, Dia de los Muertos and Toys for Tots
We are seeking a Funeral Director Intern for Branam Funeral Home in Homestead, FL. The Funeral Director Intern is responsible for observing, training, and practicing techniques including funeral directing, funeral arrangements, counseling, visitations, forms and agreements. Under the direction of the Funeral Director, the Intern assists with managing all phases of the funeral arrangement including removal of the deceased, selecting and setting up funeral services to final disposition.
- Creates a positive first impression when answering the phone, responding to a first call, and assisting with a service
- Practices presenting options to families during the arrangement process
- Assists with coordinating, planning and scheduling visitations, services, receptions and open houses
- Participates in scheduling all service arrangements and details such as clergy, honorariums, military organizations and any other persons involved in conducting the event
- Currently enrolled in an accredited mortuary program
- Ability to communicate clearly, follow directions and perform accordingly
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Understanding of the services and products available
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Apply today or email resume to Denesha.Gardner@nsmg.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.