Funeral Director/Embalmer (Sarasota, FL)
Gendron Funeral & Cremation Services, Sarasota, FL.
135 N Lime Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34237
Contact Person: Mike Gendron
- Provides knowledgeable and caring support to family and friends of deceased; meets with family and/or friends of the deceased to discuss the nature and time of funeral arrangements to be conducted.
- Coordinates practical arrangements for the funeral that are respectful, professional, timely, and sensitive. This may include transferring the body to the burial site, providing transportation of the family, or arranging visitations and services.
- Oversees the embalming process.
- Schedules clergy and pallbearers, answering any questions about their specific duties.
- Cemeteries – scheduling, opening, and closing of facilities and gravesites, as necessary.
- Oversees the issuance of death notices, obituaries, and related paperwork to government agencies and preferred newspapers or other appropriate media.
- Ensures paperwork is filed in a timely and orderly manner, consulting with family to obtain accurate and necessary information for completion.
- Develops and maintains budget and financial records for the funeral home.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage distressing and stressful situations with sensitivity and care.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Thorough understanding of methods for comforting people during grief.
- Thorough understanding of laws related to funerals and funeral arrangements.
- Ability to promptly and accurately execute required legal paperwork.
- Ability to perform mortuary services.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- At least two years of college or vocational school required with coursework in mortuary science.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org.