Funeral Director – Great opportunity for newly licensed Funeral Directors!
Smart Cremation is seeking a Funeral Director for Dallas, TX. The goal of the funeral director is to provide exemplary customer service to our internal and external customers. This position will be relied on to continue to keep Smart Cremation in total compliance with state and local requirements and to attend all field audits by the state. The successful candidate will have a current license in the applicable state and be available to stay on call during evenings and week-ends.
- Contact facility where death occurred or family to advice them of an ETA
Contact family to verify statistical information for death certificate and see if they have questions
- Dispatch staff to transport the deceased from place of death to the proper licensed holding facility
- Arrange ID viewing/cremation at holding facility or cremation facility
- Notify Social Security Administration and Veterans Administration complete service arrangements if requested
- Coordinate the cremation when death occurs outside the normal Smart Cremation location area – find outside providers, cost control etc.
- Enter information into EDRS or complete manual certificates if Physician or County not on EDRS
- Pick up certificate, file certificate in county of death and order certified copies
- Mail or deliver certified copies to family
- Send permit and Cremation Authorization to crematory
- Maintain contact with family throughout process
- Deliver or ship urn to family
- Enter all paperwork into HMIS for accounting
- Coordinate arrangements for sea scattering and assist families with obituaries
- Other duties as required
- Current license or certification if required by state regulations
- 1+ years of funeral industry experience
- Professional communication skills
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
- Valid driver’s license
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at Smart Cremation? Click here to join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.