Funeral Arranger (San Diego, CA)
Heirloom Cremation is seeking a Funeral Arranger to support our operations in southern California. The Funeral Arranger is responsible for providing a source of support, guidance, and direction to families before, during and after the loss of a loved one. This position also manages all phases of the funeral arrangement including the removal of the deceased and assisting families through our process of cremation.
This position will be remote (work-from-home) with minimal time in an office environment. The majority of the time this position will spend time in a home office environment.
- Carries out funeral arrangements from intake to final disposition on the phone
- Ensures that all federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry are followed
- Maintains respect for the deceased at all times while on the phone with families
- Responsible for handling all aspects of the paperwork associated with the Funeral Arrangement for each family.
- Facilitate the filings of the Death Certificates
- Maintains the on-line files, logs, and folders in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
- Answers the phone using the Heirloom / NSMG principles of ECHO
- When “On Call” ensures that all forms of communications are used in keeping arrangers, families and transfer services informed of the progress of all the cases
- Maintain a high level of personal organization as the position requires multi-tasking within an ever-changing environment
- Ability to handle phone calls from our Answering Service “After Hours” on a scheduled basis
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
Minimum Requirements & Experience:
- Current certifications if required by state regulations
- 1+ years of funeral industry experience
- Professional communication and internet skills
- Understanding of the services and products available
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Preferred Education & Experience:
- CA Funeral Director License
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.