Funeral Arranger (La Mesa, CA)
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 160 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand our reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
We currently have an opening for a Funeral Arranger at Legacy Funeral and Cremation Care in La Mesa, CA. The Funeral Arranger services client families during funerals visitations, and interment. The Funeral Arranger interacts directly with client families, making all arrangements, handling all aspects of the service, and ensuring the client’s family receives a flawless experience that captures, acknowledges, and shares the life purpose of their loved one.
We are offering a $600 sign-on bonus for this position!
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Arranges conducts and directs bereavement rites, including funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner consistent with company policies and procedures
- Confirms authorization to proceed with the service arrangements
- Retains heritage and grows market share through active involvement with the community, religious and other organizations
- Ensures client families are informed of special recognition/services available for veterans and ensures the delivery of selected recognition/services
- Drives funeral vehicles
- Assists at chapel and church services
- Assists at the cemetery
- Delivers flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families
- Sets up and removes chairs, properly caring for and storing of these items
- Provides aftercare in the absence of the Family Service Counselor
- Provides information on insurance, health benefits, and pension
- Shares pre-need referrals with Family Service Counselors
- Ensures adherence to all applicable professional, municipal, provincial/state and federal licensing authorities, rules and regulations
- Completes and accurately prepares all documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, and any other type of data entry
- Assists with general office duties including answering phones and preparing reports as necessary
- Assists with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility, and property
- Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as stock inventory
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Related experience as a Funeral Assistant is a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities