Family Service Advisor (St. Petersburg, FL)
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 160 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand our reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
We currently have an opening for a Family Service Advisor at Sunnyside Cemetery in St. Petersburg, FL. Under the supervision of Sales Manager (SM) or his/her designee, the Preplanning Advisor customarily and regularly sells cemetery services, property and merchandise, and/or preneed funeral services and merchandise in accordance with the goals established by sales management. Sales are made both at-need and preneed. All job functions and requirements are carried out within the context and framework of the Company’s mission, stated values and ethical guidelines as well as policies, procedures, schedules and local, state, federal and other regulatory requirements.
We are offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for this position!
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Sells Company pre-arranged funeral contracts, along with cemetery property and merchandise in accordance with established sales objectives and procedures
- Sales are made in advance of need. Funding mechanisms for prearrangements include cash sales and installment sales
- Completes contracts and other documents as required to provide sales and customer service in accordance with Company policies
- Develops personal sales leads through personal contacts, telephone solicitation activity, family follow-ups and group marketing activities such as direct mail, media, mall kiosks or home show booths
- Sets appointments and makes presentations in prospective client family homes for the purpose of selling prearrangements
- Whenever practical, attends visitations, funerals and interment services of client families. This serves the dual purpose of expressing personal interest and concern for the family and strengthening relationships for follow-up calls and appointments with extended family, friends and associates directed to preneed sales presentations
- Attends sales meetings and group sales activities as directed
- May provide client family services in support of the primary outside sales responsibility. Services include answering questions, escorting visitors, researching client family files and records, and assisting client families as needed
- Maintains records of personal sales activity and performance results in the manner prescribed by the Company
- Any deviation from prescribed policies or procedures including, but not limited to, prices, credit, discounts, contract terms and conditions of sale must be referred to sales management
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Strong preference for some formal training in business or business related areas
- Experience in commissioned sales is highly desirable