Cemetery Grounds (Columbia, SC)
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 160 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand our reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
We currently have an opening for a Cemetery Grounds at Greenlawn Memorial Park in Columbia, SC. The Cemetery Grounds assists with maintenance and care for grounds equipment.
We are offering a $600 sign-on bonus for this position!
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Cuts grass, maintains lawn, trims around trees, walkways and memorial markers, lays sod, moves and removes flowers to and from chapel and graveside.
- Clears debris and maintains drives and walkways in safe condition. May require snow removal depending on location.
- Prepares minor repairs to grave markers.
- Erects tents / canopies and arranges chairs for graveside ceremony.
- Prepares crypts for entombments.
- Installs grave markers, bronze memorials, crypt faces, etc.
- Maintains and repairs existing markers and other cemetery features.
- Assists with setup for openings and closings for interments, entombments and inurnments.
- Under supervision, may operate backhoe to dig graves without damage to surrounding vaults, markers or monuments.
- Operates equipment in a safe and careful manner to avoid damage to cemetery property.
- Maintains, services, cleans and properly stores equipment.
- General maintenance of facilities and vehicles.
- Cleans and maintains facility to include performing minor repairs, painting, etc.
- Arranges chapel for services.
- Washing and cleaning all funeral home vehicles as required from time to time.
- May assists in loading and unloading of caskets.
- May assist in moving and installing vaults.
- Observe safety rules and ensure compliance with the operating procedures of corporate, federal, state and local regulations, including OSHA regulations and Safety and Environmental guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.