Cemetery Caretaker (Sacramento, CA)
Your dream job awaits you at Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes in Sacramento, CA! If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you!
At Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes, Passion is what drives us to treat every family we serve as if they were our own, & that includes our Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes family. We offer competitive pay, 401K, Health/Dental insurance, paid vacations, and a positive environment.
We’ve made it our life’s work to take care of others – and that starts with our employees. Work and life: balanced. Ideas and innovation: invited. Employment here is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, benefits & work/life balance to change yours.
Why Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We have a great employee focused culture
- Meaningful work that makes a true difference in people’s lives
- We are part of a national brand which provides opportunity for growth
We are seeking a Cemetery Caretaker for Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes in Sacramento, CA. This position is responsible for the overall appearance of cemetery, mausoleum and funeral home locations during a seasonal period. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and previous experience in a general labor or grounds keeping type position.
- Cut grass, maintain lawn, trim around trees, walkways and memorial markers, lay sod, move and remove flowers to and from chapel and graveside
- Clear debris and maintain drives and walkways in safe condition
- Install vault face and prepare grave sites for interments
- Assemble tents/canopies and arrange chairs for graveside ceremony
- Prepare crypts for entombment
- Install grave markers, bronze memorials, crypt faces, etc.
- Maintain and repair existing markers and other cemetery features
- Locate grave sites and dig graves using backhoe without damaging surrounding vaults, markers and monuments
- Maintain overall appearance and cleanliness of funeral homes and/or mausoleum facilities
- Clean and maintain facility, perform minor repairs, painting, etc.
- Assist with loading and unloading caskets
- Assist with setting up chapel for services
- Help with preparation and setup for opening and closing interments, entombments and inurnments
- Permit to operate equipment used at the facility as per local regulations
- 6+ months of general labor or grounds keeping experience
- Valid driver’s license
Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities that await for you at Sunset Lawn Chapel of the Chimes. To be considered for this opportunity, click the Apply Now link on this page, or confidentially email your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of this job along with the location name for which you are applying in your email. We can’t wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you’ll love it here!
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Click here to join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.