Cemetery Caretaker (Houston, TX)
Your dream job awaits you at San Jacinto Funeral Home & Cemetery in Houston, TX! If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you! We are changing the culture of our profession in a positive way and we want you to be a part of it. Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities at San Jacinto Funeral Home & Cemetery. We can’t wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you’ll love it here.
We are seeking a Cemetery Caretaker for San Jacinto Funeral Home & Cemetery. This position is responsible for the overall appearance of cemetery, mausoleum and funeral home locations during a seasonal period. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and previous experience in a general labor or grounds keeping type position.
- Cut grass, maintain lawn, trim around trees, walkways and memorial markers, lay sod, move and remove flowers to and from chapel and graveside
- Clear debris and maintain drives and walkways in safe condition
- Install vault face and prepare grave sites for interments
- Assemble tents/canopies and arrange chairs for graveside ceremony
- Prepare crypts for entombment
- Install grave markers, bronze memorials, crypt faces, etc.
- Maintain and repair existing markers and other cemetery features
- Locate grave sites and dig graves using backhoe without damaging surrounding vaults, markers and monuments
- Maintain overall appearance and cleanliness of funeral homes and/or mausoleum facilities
- Clean and maintain facility, perform minor repairs, painting, etc.
- Assist with loading and unloading caskets
- Assist with setting up chapel for services
- Help with preparation and setup for opening and closing interments, entombments and inurnments
- Permit to operate equipment used at the facility as per local regulations
- 6+ months of general labor or grounds keeping experience
- Valid driver’s license
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Click here to join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.