Assistant Chapel Location Manager (Memphis, TN)
Your dream job awaits you at Memorial Park Funeral Home in Memphis, TN! If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you! We are changing the culture of our profession in a positive way and we want you to be a part of it.
Why Work at Memorial Park:
- We are the preferred provider in our community. Passion is what drives us to treat every family we serve as if they were our own, & that includes our Memorial Park Funeral Home family.
- We are a dynamic privately-owned funeral company offering multiple opportunities for growth.
- We offer competitive pay, 401K, Health/Dental insurance, paid vacations, and a positive environment.
- We are putting safety first! We continue to meet and exceed all CDC mandated safeguards for the safety and health of our team.
- We strive to maintain a schedule that allows work/life balanced.
- One of the top 10 most visited sites in Memphis. Home of the Crystal Shine Grotto
- Awesome community events, including a Fallen Heroes Ceremony and Camp Good Grief to help children with grief
Employment at Memorial Park Funeral Home is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, to change yours.
We are seeking a Assistant Chapel Location Manager. This position will be responsible for directing and leading funeral home operations including selecting, training, and motivating location staff to assure delivery of service is above and beyond client expectations. The successful candidate will have strong planning, organizational and time management skills, as well as, previous management experience.
- Ensure facilities and equipment are clean, well maintained and in safe working order
- Develop and maintain community connections to establish a community referral network
- Plan events such as holiday events, state memorial days, visit community places (Churches, Hospitals, Nursing Homes or Community Centers)
- Continue development of business acumen by reading trade publications and books to improve skills
- Ensure sales counselors are able to receive advice and leads for events
- Plan market growth to include a comprehensive public relations program
- Develop passive lead generation opportunities and marketing strategies such as advertising
- Builds and maintains relations with local cemeteries and memorial grounds
- Lead and develop a cooperative team environment that is respectful, communicative, accountable and service oriented
- Monitor and assess performance of oneself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Manage, coordinate and oversee embalming, dressing, casketing and preparation of human remains
- Coordinate staff assistance with locations for services, visitations or identification viewings as business needs warrant
- Maintain compliance for state board and county health inspections
- Conduct all ongoing training and safety classes including formaldehyde testing as required annually and staff meetings on a regular basis
- Manage At-Need accounts receivables
- Monitor and maintain proper merchandise inventory and supply levels as business needs warrant
- Establish proper maintenance schedule for vehicles to ensure operational dependability and professional appearance
- Regularly monitors office procedures to ensure all financial guidelines are being followed
- 5+ years of experience in related field
- 2+ years of management or leadership experience, funeral profession preferred
- Must posses active Funeral Director License, as required by State & local regulations
- Excellent customer relations and actively looking for ways to help others
- Professional communication and effective leadership skills
Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities that await for you here. To be considered for this opportunity, click the Apply Now link on this page, or confidentially email your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of this job along with the location name for which you are applying in your email. We can’t wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you’ll love it here!
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Click here to join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.