Administrative Assistant (St. Petersburg, FL)
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 80 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand our reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
We currently have an opening for an Administrative Assistant at Anderson-McQueen in St Petersburg, FL. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing general office administrative support functions, ensuring that administrative functions run smoothly, efficiently and according to Company policies and procedures.
We are offering an $800 sign-on bonus for this position!
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Greets families and callers, handling inquiries and directing them according to specific needs
- Identifies process improvement opportunities. Develops new methods to improve efficiency and accountability while reducing the administrative footprint in order to better control costs
- Partners with Location Leader to ensure smooth implementation of any new company initiatives and/or procedures
- Responsible for ordering, tracking, delivery, and location product and document maintenance
- Assists Location Leader and Funeral Directors to ensure all open tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Monitors accounts to ensure the company receives all monies owed and accounts are closed where appropriate. Includes monitoring to verify that claims are collected, credit balances are accurate and refunded where applicable, delinquencies are identified and collection attempts taken; small balance issues are written off (with approvals)
- Ensures all funeral service delivery items, such as cremation permitting, death certificate filing, forwarding of trust delivery documentation, case file maintenance, etc., are carried out professionally and promptly
- Manages the accounts receivable process to include: adherence to receipt book and deposit policies, monitoring all receipts for accurate posting, and following up to resolve any unapplied cash issues
- Working with the Accounting team, manages accounts payable process to include: setting up new vendors prior to use, maintaining updated files and insurance documents on service vendors, ensuring that all payables are accurately coded and submitted to appropriate management, and that any account discrepancies are addressed and resolved
- Completes product inventory
- Completes monthly administrative processes to include: reconcile P-Card account, month end closing
- Prepares for, and participates in, monthly Financial Review
- Performs layout and production of all family-facing products: video tributes, memorial books, service folders/programs, obituaries or other forms in the required format (Advisor, Microsoft Word or other applicable computer program)
- Proofs all published materials, paying special attention to ensure everything is accurate and grammatically correct. Act as quality control for all published materials
- Continuously updates funeral home website with service and other information as soon as it becomes available
- Maintains office equipment as necessary; maintains and orders office supplies on a routine basis
- Ensures office work area is presentable at all times
- Learns to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented
- Manages deliverables; organizes and coordinates work flow, manage multiple tasks, deadlines and projects
- Assist with special projects and other duties as determined by the Location Leader
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Able to use and learn multiple computer software and systems and other office equipment
- Strong communication and active listening skills.
- Strong written communication and grammatical skills, with ability to proof own work and the work of others.
- Excellent quality and accuracy of work with attention to detail.
- Great customer service and internal service skills.
- Organizational and planning skills; time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external work processes.
Team Member Benefits Include:
- Entry-level and experienced professionals; students and veterans – we offer complete career paths regardless of your career and life stage
- Work schedules that fit your lifestyle – full-time, part-time and on-call
- Unique ShareLife® technology lets you create one-of-a-kind life celebrations for the families you serve
- Competitive salaries and performance incentives
- Team member referral bonus program
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability