Crematory Operator Certification Training
July 13 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm EDT
OFDA Office, Columbus
Crematory Operator Certification in Partnership with the ICCFA
How to Register:
- Member: $395.00
- Non-Member: 595.00
- All cancellations are subject to a $25 Administrative Processing Fee
- For full refund (minus administrative processing fee), OFDA office must be notified 24 hours prior to the start of the scheduled program
Note: This program is intended for individuals who want to apply and obtain their Crematory Operator Permit with the State of Ohio Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors. It may also be completed for those whose Crematory Operator Certification is due for renewal. The certification is good for five years.
ICCFA’s Crematory Operator Certification program is a dynamic one-day course, where attendees are encouraged to participate, engage and ask questions. Attendees will learn how to operate a crematory retort properly and effectively and limit the liability for themselves and their company. This extensive training curriculum includes:
- professional terminology
- incinerator terminology
- principles of combustion
- cremation and the environment
- incinerator criteria and design
- in-depth look at the basics of operating cremation equipment
- general maintenance and troubleshooting common problems
- overview of cremation and its impact on the environment
- forms and record keeping
- proper steps for identification; exposure control, and liability concerns
- risk management.
Attendees will receive a comprehensive Operations Manual covering all aspects of crematory operation and maintenance and are required to pass an open-book, online test to receive your certification as well as CE credit. Missing five or more questions means that you fail the test. You will be allowed to take the test a second time to try to receive a better score. If you miss five or more questions on that test, you will need to take the training course again before trying to pass the test another time.
- Arrival/Registration: 8:00 am
- Program: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
All attendees will receive a comprehensive Operations Manual covering all aspects of crematory operation and maintenance. The Operator course includes two hours of laws and rules relevant to Ohio and specific to crematory operation as well as one hour of Ethics guidance. Pending approval, 7 Total CE credits will be available through the State of Ohio Board of Embalmers.
- 7 Total CE that includes:
- 4.0 Hours General
- 2.0 Hours of Ohio Crematory Laws and Rules
- 1.0 Hour Ethics
- Note: CE applied for by ICCFA and pending approval with the State of Ohio Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors
The program will be located at the OFDA Headquarters, 2501 North Star Road, Columbus, OH 43221. Parking is located behind the front of the building, off of College Hill Drive.