Vice President of Memorialization Sales (Houston, TX)
Reporting into our Chief Sales Officer, the Vice President of Memorialization Sales is a high-impact position, requiring the ability to integrate the sales function tightly into NorthStar’s operations, building a strong infrastructure required to support continued rapid growth and drive our efforts to build a best-in-class sales organization.
Working closely with Sales and Executive leadership, this position will be responsible for collaborating with and providing support to our 85+ national locations for year-over-year increases in Volume and Revenues through performance tracking and process improvements. The Vice President of Memorialization Sales will also actively monitor locations processes and procedures to insure our ~400+ person sales organization is providing exceptional service to client families, and identifying process improvements or training that directly impact the effectiveness, performance, skillset development, retention and revenue generation.
- Sales Volume and Revenue
- Plan, organize and track activities required to support and improve key areas of sales effectiveness, including sales performance management, compensation design, and sales skills.
- Monitor Merchandise (Caskets, Urns, Printed Materials, Misc. Offerings) selections and make adjustments where needed based on frequency, margin and relevant competitors pricing.
- Collaborate with Sales and Executive leadership to ensure employees are equipped to utilize CRM and other sales enablement tools and reports to drive results.
- Financial Review and Related Practices
- Celebrate successes and find best practices.
- Look for drops in Averages, Volume and increased expenses.
- Monitor Merchandise margins using monthly Cost of Sales Report.
- Ensure Approved Vendors are being utilized.
- Identify new sources of data, technologies, and capabilities to drive and capture greater sales penetration.
- Sales Force Effectiveness
- Work with Home Office team to establish and maintain Bridge online training courses.
- Use reports to target needs at locations and provide training to address individual opportunities for coaching.
- Help identify and deliver any necessary training programs, process improvements, resources and tools that will directly impact and improve sales performance and support ongoing performance management activities throughout the sales organization.
- Conduct regular Field Assessments to assess training needs and training program effectiveness.
- Develop or guide training program content development as needed.
- Engage in regular communication with Executive Leadership and our regional sales teams.
- Demonstrate problem solving and strategic thinking to influence action and system, process/program adoption.
- Partner with Human Resources and the Talent Acquisition team to design and implement recruiting processes and onboarding training procedures that decrease ramp-up-time for New Hires and increase retention.
- Develop and maintain sales training reinforcement and refresher methodologies.
- 7+ years of high-impact experience in a sales role in the funeral and cemetery profession
- 5+ years of results-driven Sales Leadership/Management experience
- 3+ years of experience as a District, Area, or Regional Sales Leader
- Proven track record managing day-to-day CRM activities, recruiting, hiring, being responsible for sales force effectiveness, sales process improvement, change management, and sales revenue enhancement with a demonstrated ability to hit goals and improve key sales metrics
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and diagnose strategic, tactical, personnel, process and technology issues that affect sales performance issues
- Proficient in written and spoken English as well as Excel and PowerPoint
- Digitally savvy and experienced with leveraging technology platforms to increase sales performance
- Seasoned presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university preferred, not required
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern this profession.
- Ability to travel 60% – 70% (required)
NorthStar Memorial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer