Sales Manager (Punta Gorda, FL)
Sales Manager – Charlotte Memorial in Punta Gorda, FL
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 80 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand their reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join with us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
We currently have an opening for a Sales Manager at Charlotte Memorial Funeral Home, Cemetery and Crematory in Punta Gorda, FL. The Sales Manager plays an essential role in generating revenue and securing future market share for the cemetery providing leadership for the sales advisors who serve families with both at‐need and pre‐need arrangements. The Sales Manager is a recruiter, trainer, motivator, and coach. This position is essential in providing direction and motivation to individuals to achieve goals and objectives.
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Consistently recruit new sales advisors and screens to ensure that qualified candidates are hired.
- Train sales team and provide coaching to ensure that all team members meet/exceed customer service standards.
- Provide positive feedback, reinforcement and recognize/celebrate good performance.
- Manage team member performance in a constructive manner, including making progressive discipline and termination recommendations when necessary; Manage absenteeism, leave, and pay issues, in conjunction with oversight from the cemetery Location Leader.
- Act as the sales advisor’s expert reference regarding the interment conference, aftercare process, prospecting. methods, prospecting schedule, product knowledge, sales presentations, closing skills, prices, terms, paperwork, sales guideline questions, compliance issues, and the delivery of customer service.
- Resolve employee issues in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings and daily reviews regarding prospecting activity and sales results.
- Conducts “one‐on‐one” coaching sessions weekly with each sales advisor to review performance and to improve upon a particular selling or organizational skills.
- Foster a sense of team and a work environment where employees work effectively together in a positive and engaged manner.
- Accompany sales advisors in the field to observe and coach the sales advisors and to demonstrate how to conduct an aftercare visit, how to ask for referrals, how to give an effective pre‐need presentation, and how to overcome objections and close.
- Schedule family service advisor’s office days and distribute leads.
- Help sales advisors coordinate and deliver group seminars.
- Review sales presentation and other sales tools used by sales advisor to ensure compliance.
- Partner with operations and administration to ensure that sales, operations, and administrative teams work well together for the benefit of the customer and the company.
- Drive at‐need and pre‐need sales and averages while developing strong customer relationships.
- Consistently and actively build at‐need and pre‐need volume to ensure that the sales plan is met within budgeted selling expenses.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the market and the competitive landscape; Develop niche markets based on geography, demographics, ethnicity, or religion.
- Ensure all customer service standards are met or exceeded, including the opportunity to purchase the full suite of products we offer. Every family should receive a park tour.
- Track performance and key metrics, such as lead generation, hold rate, close rate, modal rate, pre-need/at-need ratios, etc.
- Participate in community events designed to develop prospects and heighten awareness of the location.
- Track all leads, enter in database on a timely basis, and monitor lead generation advertising to ensure that it is producing the desired results.
- Ensure that all families who have had a death receive an aftercare visit, preferably in their home.
- Ensures all sales related administrative functions are completed in an accurate manner as outlined in Company policies/procedures.
- Review all contracts to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Complete, review, and submit all reports on a timely basis.
- Approve all discounts offered within established parameters.
- Develop sales incentives with Manager of Sales Programs, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates extensive operations and industry knowledge in the servicing of customers.
- Ensure that all aspects of services provided are done to Company standards.
- Ensure all company operational procedures and policies are followed.
- Handle customer/family situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ensure all visitors to the location are greeted warmly and professionally and are treated as valued customers.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, productivity and cost reductions.
- Other duties as directed by management
Requirements & Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of successful sales manager experience preferably with a specific focus on sales team support and multi-unit operations. The successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with the energy and drive progress and operate from a solutions mind-set.
- Extensive understanding of pre-need marketing with the Funeral Profession, including the use of insurance products for funding. Licensed to sell insurance in at least one of the states in which FPG operates funeral homes is preferred.
- A track record of success working with geographically dispersed groups of sales-team members and service location managers, combined with a proven ability to raise and achieve new standards of performance.
- Ability to influence thinking and drive results in partnership with field leaders
- Track record of excellent follow-through for sales-team support.
- Experience with the use of technology for communication.
Team Member Benefits Include:
- Entry-level and experienced professionals; students and veterans – we offer complete career paths regardless of your career and life stage
- Work schedules that fit your lifestyle – full-time, part-time and on-call
- Unique ShareLife® technology lets you create one-of-a-kind life celebrations for the families you serve
- Competitive salaries and performance incentives
- Team member referral bonus program
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
Please send your resume to Jennifer Pitman at email@example.com.