Program Specialist I – Cemetery (Olathe, KS)
Program Specialist I – Cemetery
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $17.82 – $22.28 Hourly
Opening Date: 05/24/19
Closing Date: Continuous
To develop and implement the marketing and communications plan for the Olathe Memorial Cemetery; provide public relations and production for all related materials, promotions, activities and services; coordinate activities with other divisions, departments, outside agencies and the general public. Assist with customer needs when making burial arrangements and designing monuments, memorials, and markers.
- Recruits, interviews, screens, and places potential volunteers in assignments that best meet the needs and interests of the volunteer, the site, and visitors.
- Promote a positive image and maximum exposure for Parks & Recreation services and programs in accordance with assigned department guidelines. Provide creative administrative support and customer service for clients at the cemetery.
- Assist with other staff at the cemetery to plan and deliver special events, programs and projects, as needed.
- Provide administrative support to meet with clients, assisting with burial service and marketing. Assist in working to enhance and communicate services provided by the cemetery throughout the community.
- Provide on-site presence to meet the demands of grieving clients.
- Assist with coordination of the historical aspect of the cemetery.
- Applies for grants for cemetery improvements and programs.
- Develop partnerships with historical and volunteer groups, and with other volunteer coordinators within the City of Olathe and other museum sites.
- Creates, maintains, and updates appropriate records as needed, following best management practices.
- Works closely with the staff on developing assignments.
- Ability to update and maintain social media sites and website.
- Design, implement, deliver, and oversee the volunteer program at the Olathe Memorial Cemetery, including placing and scheduling volunteers in positions that promote the site.
- Ability to work weekends or overtime to meet customer needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
Two or more years of experience working with specialized programming; preferably working in mortuary/cemetery environment; marketing and/or previous experience working with a diverse group of people, including volunteers.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator) and/or other graphic applications.
- Familiarity with genealogy research techniques.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in marketing, history or related field.
For more information on Olathe Memorial Cemetery, visit http://cemetery.olatheks.org/.
To apply for this position and to see other employment opportunities with Olathe, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/olathe.