Mortuary Science Faculty (Colorado)
Title: Mortuary Science Faculty
The Mortuary Science Program at Arapahoe Community College is the only program in Colorado that is accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education. ACC offers an Associate of Applied Science in Mortuary Science with both in-person and online tracks to educate students in every phase of funeral service and prepare them for entry-level employment in the industry.
The Mortuary Science Department at ACC has an opening for a full-time faculty position. This is a 9-month appointment beginning August 2020. The faculty member will perform instructional duties and related activities. Assigned courses may be taught using both traditional and non-traditional delivery methods, including online, computer-aided, distance learning, self-paced, interdisciplinary; some weekend/evening teaching may be required. Faculty members develop and evaluate curriculum, advise students, select texts, assess student learning, maintain required office and campus hours, and attend meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Faculty must earn a master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university within five years of their initial appointment date.
- Graduate of an ABFSE accredited school.
- Proof of passing the National Board Exam.
- Experience as an embalmer and funeral director.
- Understanding of ABFSE accreditation requirements.
- Postsecondary teaching experience, ideally with chair responsibilities.
To Apply: To view the complete posting and submit your application, visit https://arapahoecareers.silkroad.com/.