Market Leader (TN, VA & NC)
Market Leader – TN, VA & NC
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 80 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand their reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
We look for the most innovative leaders in the funeral industry who have a passion for serving others and are inspired by opportunity, change, and innovation. We recognize that our competitive advantage is and always will be – our people.
We currently have an opening for a Market Leader for our Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina locations. The Market Leader will provide leadership and oversight of day-to-day operations, Team Member development, Customer service standards, facilities management and business results. Market Leader must demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, multi-dimensional thinking, and the desire to be an agent of positive change. Passion, unquestionable ethics and the very highest levels of family service skills are required. This position requires a moderate level of travel.
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of trust, open communication, creative thinking & teamwork.
- Motivate & engage Team Members – inspire mission and build advocacy by making sure Team Members understand how their work supports our business strategy.
- Lead by setting a good example – role model behavior consistent with your words.
- Understand key team member engagement drivers, and actively work to connect with team members on an individual and professional level.
- Set clear expectations and ensure Team Members are held accountable to performance standards.
- Provide daily coaching and performance feedback. Work closely with Location Leaders on coaching and performance issues related to staff working in and supporting Care Center activities.
- Facilitate problem solving & collaboration.
- Train and mentor new team members, ensuring that they have the necessary knowledge and technical skills to effectively do their Care Center roles.
- Recognize & celebrate team & individual accomplishments & exceptional performance.
- Provide leadership, direction and performance coaching to Funeral Directors and Funeral Services staff for functions directly related to the Care Center.
- Embalming, cosmetizing, dressing.
- Service assignments for Funeral Directors and Funeral Services staff (based on location schedule).
- Fleet staffing, care and logistics.
- Work with Location Leader to facilitate scheduling of rotational Funeral Director/Embalmers to assist in the Prep Room.
- Manage cremation staff and sign off on cremations.
- Manage administrative processes and workflow related to the Care Center.
- Interface with Physicians as needed.
- Strictly adhere to and stay up-to-date on OSHA, Regulatory and Compliance procedures for Care Center. Provide Team Member training as needed.
- Manage Care Center budget on a weekly basis, working closely with the Location Manager, Accounting and senior leadership.
- Submit projects/Capex for budgeting.
- Actively hold Team Members accountable for inventory and cost controls.
- Manage and monitor labor costs.
- Identify and facilitate Cluster efficiencies
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Licensed Funeral Director
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Valid state driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record
- Position requires some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively with internal, as well as external customers, community leaders, clergy, and grieving client families.
- Maintains a positive attitude and working environment
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong computer skills
Team Member Benefits Include:
- Entry-level and experienced professionals; students and veterans – we offer complete career paths regardless of your career and life stage
- Work schedules that fit your lifestyle – full-time, part-time and on-call
- Unique ShareLife® technology lets you create one-of-a-kind life celebrations for the families you serve
- Competitive salaries and performance incentives
- Team member referral bonus program
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
For more information and to submit your resume, email Jennifer Pitman at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org