Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 200 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand our reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
We are currently seeking a highly talented Location Leader at Crown Memorial Center in Tigard, OR. The Location Leader is responsible for day-to-day operations, customer service standards, being a company ambassador to the community, the overall financial performance of the location/s and Team Member development that creates, supports and sustains a high-performance, innovative and family-centric culture. A General Manager interacts directly with client families, handling all aspects of the service and ensuring the client family receives a flawless experience that captures, acknowledges and shares the life purpose of their loved one.
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Supports the company’s commitment to the 5 Unique Truths by demonstrating the utmost professionalism and ethical behavior.
- Understands, adheres to and leads Company standard operating procedures and guidelines as outlined i.e. 60-minute rule.
- Agrees to and supports Company policies and procedures as outlined in the FPG Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Models and demonstrates a positive attitude and harassment free working environment.
- Learns, launches, implements and maintains company initiatives as outlined by FPG i.e. Performance Management Process, Team Member Engagement, Compliance, special projects
- Completes all required learning and development outlined by the company including compliance management i.e. OSHA, FTC, Harassment Prevention.
- Builds and maintains a strong “brand” by building relationships in the community, staying innovative with social media i.e. FB, Instagram and keeping the individual brand aligned with the business segments
- Ensures every client family is presented with all service and merchandise options – Every Family, Every Option, Every Time.
- Contributes to the overall efficiency of the location by maintaining open and effective communication and maintaining accurate and timely client files.
- Maintain customer service standards as implemented for appropriate brand/s
- Leads facility management to include ensuring the fleet of vehicles and all areas of the building and grounds i.e. landscaping, painting, parking lot are properly maintained and in working order always
- Leads and oversees and manages all financial components including vendor relationships i.e. signing checks, annual budgeting, accounts payable and receivable, labor management, Daily Sales Outstanding (DSO), revenue and EBITDA for the location/s
- Drives revenue, sales, and business results.
- Responsible for leading monthly and quarterly Financial and Business reviews with Team Members.
- Leads all disaster relief efforts in partnership with supervisor i.e. hurricanes, winter storms, tornedoes, etc. to ensure Team Members, Client Families and building are safe and secure
- Actively partners with Home Office department leaders i.e. Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, IT by maintaining regular ongoing two-way communication.
- Acts to improve market share through membership through board/officer participation of at least one (1) community organization i.e. rotary, regularly participates in at least two (2) community events, and/or groups and other community relationships as assigned by your supervisor.
- Ability to identify potential acquisitions.
- Carries out other projects/duties as assigned i.e. car washing, building/equipment repair, pre-need arrangement planning.
- Participates in weekly update calls with supervisor to share and exchange resources and to ensure goals are being met.
- Communicates the importance of a differentiated Guest Experience by clearly articulating the value of ShareLife®
- Holds self and all direct reports accountable for completing all company assigned learning assignments, including compliance i.e. OSHA, FTC, Harassment Prevention.
- Oversees all Team Members participating in services, ensuring that each member of the team understands their individual role and is professionally representing the location.
- Leads and oversees all Employee Relations i.e. staffing to meet business needs, onboarding and training of New Hires, Talent Review and succession planning, coaching and developing, and openly communicates to appropriate Team Members areas of successful performance and performance needing improvement to meet business expectations
- Leads all labor management components for the location/s Team Members i.e. scheduling, labor margins, overtime, timecards
- Oversees Preneed Production including managing the budget, staffing for Preneed sales and ensuring At-need families are aware of future PreNeed offerings
- Works on-call/first call, in rotation as assigned i.e. phone, face to face, at the hospital, hospice, residence
- Initial transfers of decedents, embalms, dresses, cosmetizes, caskets and prepares deceased on as needed basis (per appropriate licensing) to the instructions obtained from the family
- Meets with client families to listen and arrange personalized funeral services and ensures their experience with the business is of the highest quality.
- Completes tasks and details resulting from the Arrangement Conference
- Ensures proper paperwork, including permits and certificates are completed timely and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations
- Supervises and supports funeral services regularly
- Oversees all post service follow-up as needed
- Utilizes systems/technology i.e. Arrangement Conference technology system in place to review merchandise options, enter contracts and complete necessary forms at time of arrangement conversation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of family surveys and can address concerns and complaints with the family providing feedback
Required Education & Technical Skills:
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Clear understanding of and the ability to use various forms of technology and communications i.e. online portals, social media, email, live webinars, text, phone.
- Highly skilled computer skills in MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, online portals i.e. payroll/benefits system of record, clocking in/out etc.
- Valid state issued Funeral Director license (as per state licensing requirement).
- Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of Management experience and the Funeral industry combined (preferred).
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Models and demonstrates empathy, emotional intelligence and a mindset of Servant Leadership to all internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience of all aspects of the Funeral Service.
- Ability to lead and support the customer interaction experience.
- Works cohesively with supervisor and builds strong relationships with peers and direct reports.
- Strong administrative skills including organizational skills, planning and prioritization, time management while managing multiple leadership responsibilities.
- Excellent written communication including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent oral communication skills to include the ability to effectively communicate with internal, and external customers, community leaders, clergy and client families.
- Ability to effectively manage all labor cost systems i.e. knowledge of effective v ineffective scheduling, minimizing overtime.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to stand for two (2) or more hours without rest.
- Ability to move, push and pull heavy weighted items up to 150 lbs. in a safe manner.
- Keep all licenses and continuing education requirements current and in good standing.
- Advanced skill in event planning i.e. catering, community events, graveside, funeral arrangement, floral.
- Proven accurate data entry skills i.e. using company POS while interacting with a client family member/s.
- Experienced decedent care i.e. embalming (per state requirements).
- Able to safely operate company equipment and a company vehicle with a valid state issued driver’s license.
- Lead a team of Funeral Directors and Team Members with the ability to address and effectively resolve concerns and complaints.
- Operations knowledge specifically profit & loss systems i.e. costs controls, effectively collect funds at time of arrangement conference, educate every family on every option every time to create additional revenue and to ensure client satisfaction.
Team Member Benefits Include:
- Entry-level and experienced professionals; students and veterans – we offer complete career paths regardless of your career and life stage
- Work schedules that fit your lifestyle – full-time, part-time and on-call
- Unique ShareLife® technology lets you create one-of-a-kind life celebrations for the families you serve
- Competitive salaries and performance incentives
- Team member referral bonus program
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay