Licensed Funeral Director (St. Petersburg, FL)
Licensed Funeral Director – David C. Gross in St. Petersburg, FL
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 80 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand their reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join with us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
We currently have an opening for a Licensed Funeral Director at David C. Gross in St. Petersburg, FL. The Funeral Director manages all phases of the funeral arrangement from setting up funeral services to final disposition. The Funeral Director interacts directly with client families, making all arrangements, handling all aspects of the service and ensuring the client family receives a flawless experience that captures, acknowledges and shares the life purpose of their loved one. This position is considered a significant practitioner level and as such must be participating in professional funeral service function according to prescribed, established levels and have from time to time lead or supervisory responsibility of staff or of a designated function or department.
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Supports the company’s commitment to the 5 Unique Truths by demonstrating the utmost professionalism and ethical behavior.
- Understands and adheres to Company standard operating procedures and guidelines as outlined.
- Agrees to and supports Company policies/procedures as outlined in the FPG Policy/Procedure manual.
- Models and demonstrates a positive attitude and harassment free working environment.
- Completes all required learning and development outlined by the company.
- Ensures every client family is presented with all service and merchandise options – Every Family, Every Option, Every Time.
- Contributes to the overall efficiency of the location by maintaining open and effective communication and maintaining accurate and timely client files.
- Acts to improve market share through participation in community events, groups and/or organizations and other community relationships as assigned by your supervisor.
- Carries out other projects/duties as assigned i.e. car washing, building/equipment repair, pre-need arrangement planning.
- Oversees all Team Members participating in services, ensuring that each member of the team understands their individual role and is professionally representing the location.
- Communicates to appropriate Team Members areas of successful performance and performance needing improvement to meet business expectations.
- Works on-call/first call, in rotation as assigned i.e. phone, face to face, at the hospital, hospice, residence.
- Initial transfers of decedents, embalms, dresses, cosmetizes, caskets and prepares deceased on as needed basis (per appropriate licensing) to the instructions obtained from the family.
- Meets with client families to listen, educate and arrange personalized funeral services and ensures their experience with the business is of the highest quality.
- Utilizes systems/technology i.e. Matthews/Aurora Advisor in place to review merchandise options, enter contracts and complete necessary forms at time of arrangement conversation.
- Completes tasks and details resulting from the Arrangement Conference.
- Ensures proper paperwork, including permits and certificates are completed timely and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Conducts and attends funeral services regularly.
- Lead all post service follow-up as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- Valid state issued Funeral Director/Embalmer license (as per state licensing requirement)
- Completed Mortuary School
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in Customer Service
- At least one (1) year of work experience – funeral industry preferred
- Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office – Outlook, Word, clocking in/out etc.
- Able to safely operate a company vehicle with a valid state issued driver’s license
- Ability to move, push and pull heavy weighted items up to 150 lbs. in a safe manner
- Ability to stand for two (2) or more hours without rest
Team Member Benefits Include:
- Entry-level and experienced professionals; students and veterans – we offer complete career paths regardless of your career and life stage
- Work schedules that fit your lifestyle – full-time, part-time and on-call
- Unique ShareLife® technology lets you create one-of-a-kind life celebrations for the families you serve
- Competitive salaries and performance incentives
- Team member referral bonus program
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability and short-term disability
Please send your resume to Jennifer Pitman at email@example.com