Licensed Funeral Director (Madison, WI)
Licensed Funeral Director – Madison, WI
At Park Lawn, we are passionate in our commitment to providing expert knowledge and leadership in the funeral home profession. It is our dedication to superior value and compassionate service that defines and differentiates us within the profession and the communities we serve.
We are searching for full-time experienced, licensed Funeral Director who has excellent communication skills, a proven track record of active participation in community-based organizations, advanced computer skills and currently holds a valid Wisconsin Funeral Director’s License, with the ability to obtain a reciprocal license as needed.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Consults with client families or legal representative of the deceased to create services designed to meet their end-of-life memorialization expectations.
- Coordinates all service arrangements and details with clergy, other presiding persons, fraternal or military organizations, and others who may participate in conducting the funeral service.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts visitations and services.
- Oversees all employees participating in services, ensuring that each member of the team understands their individual role and is professionally representing the location.
- Prepares the deceased, including dressing and casketing.
- Directs and ushers families and services attendees to and from the location of the funeral service.
- Supervises and assists in the transportation of client families to ensure a timely departure and arrival.
- Arranges and coordinates shipment of remains to and from other cities and locations.
- Performs removals and transfers individuals into Park Lawn’s care as needed.
- Is able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Associate’s Degree in Mortuary Science.
- Minimum two years of experience as a licensed Funeral Director.
- Valid state funeral licensure or the ability to reciprocate license from another state.
- Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as a team.
We offer a progressive, family-centered working environment, competitive compensation and attractive benefit package.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with salary requirements and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Park Lawn Memorial Group
Equal Opportunity Employer