Licensed Embalmer (Madison, WI)
Licensed Embalmer – Madison, WI
At Park Lawn, we are passionate in our commitment to providing expert knowledge and leadership in the cemetery and funeral home profession. It is our dedication to superior value and compassionate service that defines and differentiates us within the profession and the communities we serve.
We are searching for full-time experienced, licensed Embalmer who has excellent communication skills, a proven track record of active participation in community-based organizations, advanced computer skills and currently holds a valid Wisconsin Embalmer’s License, with the ability to obtain a reciprocal license as needed.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Prepares and embalms the deceased for interment, cremation, or other disposition in conformity with legal requirements and with the utmost respect and dignity.
- Dresses, applies cosmetics, and performs casketing duties.
- Places remains in visitation room and sets up room to comply with client family wishes.
- Prepares deceased for transportation as needed.
- Ensures proper paperwork, including permits, logs, identification tags, and certificates are completed accurately and timely and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment and adheres to relevant operational and safety procedures.
- Works on-call/ first call, as needed.
- Works independently with little or no supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College degree or some college.
- 2 years of experience as a licensed Embalmer.
- Valid Embalmer’s license.
- Valid Funeral Director’s License highly preferred.
- Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record.
We offer a progressive, family-centered working environment, competitive compensation and attractive benefit package.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with salary requirements and contact information to email@example.com.
Park Lawn Memorial Group
Equal Opportunity Employer