General Sales Manager (Richmond, VA)
Forest Lawn Cemetery is conducting a search for a General Sales Manager to join our team! This position will be responsible for overseeing the daily activity within the assigned location/s including managing the sales of all products and/or services through the utilization of their sales staff.
We also offer a competitive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, 401k, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement & more.
- Responsible for all daily activities of the cemetery.
- Recruit, hire and retain employees based on company standards.
- Work directly with sales team to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Ensures attainment of sales quotas by overseeing production at the location/s while providing direction and recommendations to maximize sales.
- Responsible for daily on-the-job training.
- Review and monitor all employees’ performance.
- Monitor and manage the financial (budget) performance of location.
- Previous Cemetery/Funeral Home Management experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in sales management and personnel supervision.
- General understanding of basic accounting principles; specifically budgeting procedures.
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Google Applications.
- Critical thinking skills of solving sales and operational challenges.
- Pro-active, understands urgency and prioritize in getting tasks accomplished.
- Detail oriented, Self-starter and Good attitude.
- Leadership and problem solving abilities.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and flexible hours.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and have access to a personal vehicle.
- Ability to obtain relevant professional licensure within 90 days of start date.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org