Relocation assistance available!
Your dream job awaits you at Skylawn Funeral Home, Memorial Park, and Crematory! If you are exhausted from going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you! We are changing the culture of our profession positively and we want you to be a part of it.
Why Work at Skylawn:
- Skylawn Memorial Park is a world-class cemetery with over 500 acres sitting atop the Montara mountain range, and surrounded by a nature preserve. With unobstructed views of the Bay and the Pacific Ocean, Skylawn is truly A Place Like No Other.
- Skylawn’s stunning Funeral Home, built in 2008, is a state-of-the-art 44,000+ SF facility. With two large chapels, well-appointed arrangement rooms, and the Vista reception area overlooking a beautiful two-story waterfall, and rock garden, Skylawn Funeral Home is the premier funeral home in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Work with a top-performing, talented, and diverse group of people. Skylawn’s staff is a family of seasoned professionals with a passion for serving families.
Why San Mateo:
- Located in the center of the San Francisco Bay Area, with easy access to urban and suburban amenities.
- Short drive to Half Moon Bay, the Pacific Ocean, and all the activities and amenities the coast has to offer.
- Day drive to the mountains and the snow. The surrounding areas offer a wide variety of outdoor recreation. There’s something for everyone here.
Employment at Skylawn is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, to change yours.
We are seeking a General Manager for Skylawn. This position will be responsible for directing and leading funeral home, cemetery, and crematory operations, and driving growth and profitability by ensuring the location attains case volume and revenue goals. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills, as well as a valid California Cemetery Manager and Cemetery Broker license. The successful candidate will also have strong computer skills, a proven track record of bringing large projects to completion, and experience working with a broad demographic of employees and clients.
- 5+ years of experience in the funeral and/or cemetery profession with an understanding of both sales and operations management
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to think strategically and work independently
Total Compensation is estimated to be $225,000 with uncapped incentives
Base Compensation for this role: $150,000 – $175,000 annually
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.