General Manager (Oakland, CA)
At NorthStar Memorial Group, we choose collaboration over bureaucracy. Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage & empower our people at every level to speak up, be heard, and watch their ideas become realities.
Sound too good to be true? Check us out on Glassdoor to see why our employees have voted NSMG one of the best companies to work for 7 years in a row! Click here to view us on Glassdoor
We are seeking a General Manager for Chapel of the Chimes Columbarium in Oakland, CA. This position will be responsible for directing and leading funeral home operations, and driving growth and profitability by ensuring the location attains case volume and revenue goals. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills, as well as, a current license in the applicable state.
- Ensure that the facility is being maintained, and assist in maintenance where required
- Lead and develops a cooperative team environment that is respectful, communicative, accountable and service oriented
- Evaluate drivers of growth, improvement, and efficiencies to identify and implement new initiatives
- Grow top line revenue, expands case volume, improves market share and develops an excellent customer experience
- Build a strong partnership with sales and collaborate with all departments
- Conduct regular reviews with Sales Manager or appropriate business partner to discuss inventory, products, available cemetery property, and projects to ensure goals for location are communicated and properly aligned
- Lead by example and demonstrate knowledge of successful marketing and community involvement techniques
- Research opportunities for the company to sponsor events, such as sports tournaments, chamber meetings, church events and any other charitable events
- Identify opportunities to maximize revenue through park development
- Represent company by participating in industry specific groups and legislative boards
- Must have current license as required by applicable state
- 5+ years of experience in the funeral profession with understanding of both sales and operations management
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to think strategically and work independently
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Click here to join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!