General Manager (New Jersey)
New Jersey Cemetery is seeking a General Manager (GM) to direct and lead its cemetery and crematory operations. The GM is expected to manage the daily conduct of the operation as if they are the owner of an independent business. This role is responsible for achieving the location’s annual revenue goals with a focus on sustained growth; reporting directly to the Board of Trustees for support and oversite. The GM directs the activities toward community involvement, quality assurance, improving customer service and sales while ensuring that the operating practices comply with appropriate federal, state and local regulations.
- Develop and maintain a positive employee relations environment, motivating individuals to strive for excellence in all areas of customer service, compliance, sales and sound business practices.
- Ensure the cemetery continues to be viewed as the cemetery of choice through exceeding the expectation levels of customer service that satisfies the needs of every client family, with the objective of increasing market share year-over-year.
- Identify, implement and continuously improve the internal business processes that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale and financial performance.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Previous Cemetery and Crematory Management experience; 3+ years preferred
- Analyze financial reports to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Participate in community organizations
- Superior management skills and desire to grow the business
- Must be able to secure appropriate New Jersey licenses
Send confidential resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org