Your dream job awaits you at Skylawn Funeral Home, Memorial Park, and Crematory! If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you! We are changing the culture of our profession in a positive way and we want you to be a part of it.
Why Work at Skylawn:
- Skylawn Memorial Park is a world-class cemetery with over 500 acres sitting atop the Montara mountain range, and surrounded by a nature preserve. With unbostructed views of the Bay and the Pacific Ocean, Skylawn is truly A Place Like No Other
- Skylawn’s stunning Funeral Home, built in 2008, is a state of the art 44,000+ SF facility. With two large chapels, well appointed arrangement rooms, and the Vista reception area overlooking a beautiful two story waterfall, and rock garden, Skylawn Funeral Home is the premier funeral home in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Work with a top performing, talented, and diverse group of people. Skylawn’s staff is a family of seasoned professionals with a passion for serving families.
Why San Mateo:
- Located in the center of the San Francisco Bay Area, with easy access to urban and suburban amenities.
- Short drive to Half Moon Bay, the Pacific Ocean, and all the activities and amenities the coast has to offer.
- Day drive to the mountains and the snow. The surrounding areas offer a wide variety of outdoor recreation. There’s something for everyone here.
Employment at Skylawn is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, to change yours.
We are seeking a General Manager for Skylawn. This position will be responsible for directing and leading funeral home, cemetery, and crematory operations, and driving growth and profitability by ensuring the location attains case volume and revenue goals. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills, as well as a valid California Cemetery Manager and Cemetery Broker license. The successful candidate will also have strong computer skills, a proven track record of bringing large projects to completion, and experience working with a broad demographic of employees and clients.
- Ensure that the facility is being maintained, and assist in maintenance where required
- Lead and develop a cooperative team environment that is respectful, communicative, accountable and service oriented
- Evaluate drivers of growth, improvement, and efficiencies to identify and implement new initiatives
- Grow top line revenue, expand case volume, improve market share and develop an excellent customer experience
- Build a strong partnership with sales and collaborate with all departments
- Conduct regular reviews with Sales Manager or appropriate business partner to discuss inventory, products, available cemetery property, and projects to ensure goals for location are communicated and properly aligned
- Lead by example and demonstrate knowledge of successful marketing and community involvement techniques
- Facilitate opportunities for the company to sponsor events, such as sports tournaments, chamber meetings, church events and any other charitable events
- Identify opportunities to maximize revenue through park development
- Represent company by participating in industry specific groups and legislative boards
- Must have current license as required by applicable state
- 5+ years of experience in the funeral and/or cemetery profession with understanding of both sales and operations management
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to think strategically and work independently
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Click here to join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Click here to apply!