General Manager (Lakewood, WA)
We are seeking a General Manager for Mountain View Memorial Park. This position will be responsible for directing and leading funeral home operations, and driving growth and profitability by ensuring the location attains case volume and revenue goals. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, leadership, and customer service skills.
For over 100 years, Mountain View Memorial Park has been part of life for the people of Tacoma. Incorporated in 1942, Mountain View was only the second funeral home/cemetery combination started in the United States. Mountain View has 160 acres of property of which 110 acres have been fully developed for cemetery use. The cemetery has about 1000 burials a year, and helps about 1,400 families a year with funeral services. The cemetery continues to grow and is committed to preserving the beauty and peacefulness of the park.
- Ensure that the facility is being maintained, and assist in maintenance where required
- Lead and develops a cooperative team environment that is respectful, communicative, accountable and service oriented
- Evaluate drivers of growth, improvement, and efficiencies to identify and implement new initiatives
- Grow top line revenue, expands case volume, improves market share and develops an excellent customer experience
- Build a strong partnership with sales and collaborate with all departments
- Conduct regular reviews with Sales Manager or appropriate business partner to discuss inventory, products, available cemetery property, and projects to ensure goals for location are communicated and properly aligned
- Lead by example and demonstrate knowledge of successful marketing and community involvement techniques
- Research opportunities for the company to sponsor events, such as sports tournaments, chamber meetings, church events and any other charitable events
- Identify opportunities to maximize revenue through park development
- Represent company by participating in industry specific groups and legislative boards
- Must have current Funeral Director license as required by the state of Washington
- 5+ years of experience in the funeral profession with understanding of both sales and operations management
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to think strategically and work independently
At NorthStar Memorial Group, we choose collaboration over bureaucracy. Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage & empower our people at every level to speak up, be heard, and watch their ideas become realities.
Sound too good to be true? Check us out on Glassdoor to see why our employees have voted NSMG one of the best companies to work for 7 years in a row! Click here to view us on Glassdoor