General Manager (Glen Carbon, IL)
StoneMor Partners is conducting a search for a General Manager to join our team at our funeral home and cemetery locations in Glen Carbon and Collinsville, IL. This position will be responsible for overseeing the daily activity within the assigned location/s. Funeral Home and/or Cemetery Management experience required. Illinois and Missouri State Funeral Director’s Licenses and an Illinois Pre-Need/At-Need Sales license strongly preferred additionally with experience in cemetery sales and overseeing grounds maintenance. Interested candidates can review the job description and apply directly here.
The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for managing all aspects of the location/s. Critical to the success of this operation are flawless execution standards combined with a thorough understanding of our unique demographics and clientele. The successful candidate will be expected to direct and lead all personnel and ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained to a high degree of readiness.
We also offer a competitive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, 401k, Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement & more.
- Responsible for all daily activities for a funeral home, cemetery and superintendent staff.
- Provide leadership of funeral home and cemetery staff to accomplish goals and objectives while working within company guidelines.
- Recruit, hire and retain employees based on company standards.
- Responsible for daily delivery of goods and services to at- need families.
- Responsible for conducting weekly team meetings with the departmental managers.
- Work directly with sales team to accomplish company goals and objectives
- Manage merchandise and property inventory
- Responsible for daily on-the-job training for all funeral home and cemetery staff.
- Review and monitor all employees’ performance.
- Recruit and hire new employees based on company standards.
- Implement and manage internal controls and procedures.
- Ensure timely completion and delivery of all reports.
- Monitor and manage the financial (budget) performance of location.
- Ensure safety compliance.
- Select and purchase all necessary material for operations within budgetary guidelines using approved vendors.
- Increase calls volume by company standards.
- Any other task or projects assigned.
- Previous Cemetery/Funeral Home Management experience strongly preferred.
- Illinois State Funeral Director’s License or Illinois Pre-Need/At-Need Sales license strongly preferred additionally with experience in cemetery sales and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in management and personnel supervision.
- General understanding of basic accounting principles; specifically budgeting procedures.
- Computer proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Critical thinking skills of solving operational challenges.
- Pro-active, understands urgency and prioritize in getting tasks accomplished.
- Detail oriented, Self-starter and Good attitude.
- Able to multi-task.
- Leadership and problem solving abilities.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and flexible hours.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.