Funeral Director in Training (Sun City Center, FL)
Funeral Director in Training
Sun City Center Funeral Home in Sun City Center, FL
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 100 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand their reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join with us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
We currently have an opening for a Funeral Director in Training at Sun City Center Funeral Home in Sun City Center, FL. The Funeral Director in Training will work and learn to gain first-hand knowledge and experience of the funeral home industry. The Funeral Director in Training provides overall support to the entire Company taking important first calls and working and speaking directly with clients, arranging follow-up calls (authorizations) with doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, insurance companies and state and county government agencies. The Student Intern will interact with licensed funeral directors to learn first-hand about the funeral director career. Work hours for the Student Intern are flexible to accommodate one’s studies while currently enrolled in a Mortuary Science Program at an affiliated college or university.
- Performing for or working directly with the public;
- Greet families and guests;
- Answer calls in a timely fashion from a multi-line phone system;
- Record and deliver accurate messages for funeral directors and staff;
- Process and maintain At-Need and Pre-Need case files;
- Start and file new membership welcome packets as needed;
- Update list of cremations that are due;
- Enter vital information into software systems prior to At-Need arrangements;
- Start and finish cremation authorization process, including evenings and weekends;
- Document and submit check requests for honorariums;
- Work files from start to finish, filing flag forms, trust account forms, update Sesame, order Death Certificates, etc.
- Provide service materials both standard and customized;
- Engrave pen sets;
- Release urns, service materials, personal property and flags to families;
- Update list of family members to contact for information;
- Contact families prior to removals;
- Respond to emails efficiently and timely;
- Stock and organize urns in basement;
- Stock, fold and organize flags for Veterans;
- Enter current values into Sesame;
- Place obituaries for families with the newspaper(s) as well as update CSM website;
- Accurate data entry;
- Respond and attend to inquiries as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High School diploma + enrollment in Mortuary Science program with successful completion of courses in Mortuary Science germane to job functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Superior Customer and Personal Service.
- Philosophy and Theology – Sensitivity and knowledge of different philosophical systems and religions. This includes their basic principles, values, ethics, ways of thinking, customs, practices and their impact on human culture.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Director’s Assistant, Sesame and other industry soft-ware as required.
- Proficiency in English.
Please send your resume to Sandra Ancira at Sandra.Ancira@foundationpartners.com.