Funeral Director in Training (Bossier City, LA)
Funeral Director in Training @ Boone Funeral Home
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 100 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand our reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
We look for the most innovative leaders in the funeral industry who have a passion for serving others and are inspired by opportunity, change, and innovation. We recognize that our competitive advantage is and always will be – our people.
We currently have an opening for a Funeral Director in Training at Boone Funeral Home in Bossier City, LA. The Funeral Director in Training will interact with licensed funeral directors to learn first-hand about the funeral director career. Work hours for this position are flexible to accommodate class schedule.
- Performing for or working directly with the public
- Greet families and guests
- Answer calls in a timely fashion from a multi-line phone system
- Record and deliver accurate messages for funeral directors and staff
- Process and maintain At-Need and Pre-Need case files
- Start and file new membership welcome packets as needed
- Update list of cremations that are due
- Enter vital information into software systems before At-Need arrangements
- Start and finish the cremation authorization process
- Document and submit check requests for payments
- Process files from start to finish, including filing flag forms, completing trust account forms, updating Sesame, ordering Death Certificates, etc.
- Provide both standard and customized service materials
- Release urns, service materials, personal property and flags to families
- Update list of family members to contact for information
- Contact families before removals
- Respond to emails efficiently and timely
- Stock and organize urns
- Stock, fold and organize flags for Veterans
- Place obituaries for families in the newspaper, social media, and website
- Respond and attend to inquiries as required
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High School diploma
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Mortuary Science program
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Superior customer service skills
- Sensitivity and knowledge of different philosophical systems and religions
- Knowledge of basic principles, values, ethics, ways of thinking, customs, practices and their impact on human culture
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Director’s Assistant, Sesame preferred
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to HRTalentAcquisition@FoundationPartners.com.