Funeral Director/Embalmer (Greensboro, NC)
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families. With over 100 locations across the country, Foundation Partners Group is continuing to expand our reach, but we only do this with exceptional team members ready to embrace the future of the funeral industry.
Our Team Members are vital to the health of our funeral homes, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. FPG is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across the nation.
We currently have an opening for a Funeral Director/Embalmer at Pierce-Jefferson Funeral & Cremation Services- Lambeth Chapel in Greensboro, NC. The Funeral Director/Embalmer manages all phases of the funeral arrangement from setting up funeral services to final disposition. The Funeral Director interacts directly with client families, making all arrangements, handling all aspects of the service, and ensuring the client’s family receives a flawless experience that captures, acknowledges, and shares the life purpose of their loved one.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supports the company’s commitment to the 5 Unique Truths by demonstrating the utmost professionalism and ethical behavior
- Understands and adheres to Company standard operating procedures and guidelines as outlined
- Agrees to and supports Company policies/procedures as described in the FPG Policy/Procedure manual
- Models and demonstrates a positive attitude and harassment-free working environment
- Completes all required learning and development outlined by the company
- Presents every client family with all service and merchandise options – Every Family, Every Option, Every Time
- Contributes to the overall efficiency of the location by maintaining open and effective communication and maintaining accurate and timely client files
- Acts to improve market share through participation in community events, groups and organizations and other community relationships as assigned by your supervisor
- Carries out additional projects/duties as assigned, i.e. car washing, building/equipment repair, pre-need arrangement planning
- Oversees all Team Members participating in services, ensuring that each member of the team understands their role and is professionally representing the location
- Communicates to appropriate Team Members areas of successful performance and performance needing improvement to meet business expectations
- Works on-call/first call, in rotation as assigned, i.e. phone, face to face, at the hospital, hospice, residence
- Transfers decedents, embalms, dresses, caskets and prepares deceased on an as-needed basis (per appropriate licensing) to the instructions obtained from the family
- Meets with client families to listen, educate and arrange personalized funeral services and ensures their experience with the business is of the highest quality
- Utilizes systems/technology, i.e. Matthews/Aurora Advisor in place to review merchandise options, enter contracts and complete necessary forms at the time of arrangement conversation
- Completes tasks and details resulting from the Arrangement Conference
- Ensures proper paperwork, including permits and certificates, are completed timely and following relevant laws and regulations
- Conducts and attends funeral services regularly
- Lead all post-service follow-up as needed
Required Education and Technical Skills:
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- Valid state-issued Funeral Director/Embalmer license (as per state licensing requirement)
- Completed Mortuary School
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in Customer Service
- At least one (1) year of work experience – funeral industry preferred
- Valid state-issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office – Outlook, Word, clocking in/out, etc.