Funeral Director/Embalmer (Decatur, IL)
Not getting a raise this year? No way to advance?
If you are tired of going to work in a job with no opportunity for advancement or you are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you! We are changing the culture of our profession in a positive way and we want you to be a part of it.
Graceland-Fairlawn in Decatur, Illinois is searching for a Funeral Director/Embalmer to join our growing team. With over 50% market-share and still growing, Graceland-Fairlawn is where passion meets purpose. If you want to be a part of a team that takes pride in growth and success, with the benefit of living in a big small town – we want YOU!!!
Our staff is trusted by more families than any other location in town for a reason, we have great people! Year after year we continue to grow with more families trusting our team. Please don’t wait, call and talk to us today to schedule an interview before this position is filled.
• Conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional and caring manner
• Carry out funeral services from retrieval of the deceased to final disposition
• Assist in the maintenance of the facilities, grounds and vehicles
• Ensure that all federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry are followed
• Prepare the memorial area for the family before the services start
• Ensure that flowers and other memorabilia are returned to the family after services
• Maintain reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
• Train all staff and strictly enforce all logging, identification, casketing and cremation procedures
• Complete embalming, disinfecting, dressing, preparing and casketing the deceased using appropriate precautions and OSHA standards in a manner that honors the deceased
• Current license or certification if required by state regulations
• 1+ years of funeral industry experience
• Professional communication skills
• Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
• Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Click here to join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!