Funeral Director (Dallas, TX)
Suffering from Multiple Hat Syndrome? We may not be doctors, but we do have a cure. At Restland, our Funeral Directors get to focus on what they love most – providing compassion, care, and comfort to the families we serve.
We offer our Funeral Directors great pay, extra earning incentives, and the freedom of work/life balance – no nights “on call” or demanding overtime. As the 2nd largest Funeral Home & Cemetery location in the United States, opportunities for career advancement are as vast as the 400 acres Restland resides on. As a member of the NorthStar Memorial Group family, our employees also have access to national opportunities spanning 11 states and 85 locations.
At Restland, we’re honored to serve over 2,000 families a year. We’re changing the culture of our profession and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey.
As a Funeral Director at Restland of Dallas, you’ll:
- Meet directly with client families to listen, educate and arrange personalized funeral services that truly reflects and honors the life and legacy of their loved one
- Manage all phases of the funeral arrangement process from initial consultation to final disposition while providing an exceptional, flawless experience for our client families
- Ensure all federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry are followed
- Prepare the memorial area for the family before the services start
- Ensure flowers and other memorabilia are returned to the family after services
- Maintain reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
- Strictly enforce all logging, identification, and cremation procedures
- Currently licensed as a Funeral Director in Texas, or the ability to obtain a Texas license
- At least one (1) year of experience as a Licensed Funeral Director
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills to include time management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to effectively communicate with internal employees, client families, and community members
- Compassion, empathy, and a calling to make a difference in the lives of others
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
- Valid driver’s license
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Click here to join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!