Your dream job awaits you at Skylawn Funeral Home! If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you! We are changing the culture of our profession in a positive way and we want you to be a part of it.
Why Work at Skylawn Funeral Home:
- Our beautifully constructed funeral home sits atop the Montara mountain range in the heart of Skylawn Memorial Park. We have large spacious chapels, a reception room overlooking a waterfall and rock garden, state of the art facilities, and beautifully appointed reception rooms. The cemetery grounds overlook the Pacific Ocean, and the San Francisco Bay. Surrounded by a nature preserve, Skylawn is home to an abundance of wildlife. There is no other funeral home like Skylawn in the Bay Area.
- Our arrangers get the opportunity to work with our families from first call through the funeral service. There is no “handing off” of a family. You guide them through the complete process.
- With a transfer company on hand, arrangers are not expected to handle transfers, either during the day or at night. This gives them more time to devote to their families.
Why San Mateo:
- Located in the center of the San Francisco Bay Area, with easy access to urban and suburban amenities.
- Short drive to Half Moon Bay, the Pacific Ocean, and all the activities and amenities the coast has to offer.
- Day drive to the mountains and the snow. The surrounding areas offer a wide variety of nature, no matter what you’re looking for.
Employment at Skylawn Funeral Home is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, to change yours.
We are seeking a Funeral Arranger for Skylawn Memorial Park. This position will be responsible for managing all phases of the funeral arrangement from the initial call, to selecting and setting up funeral services, to final disposition. The successful candidate will have a current license in the applicable state, knowledge of current regulations related to the funeral industry and professional communication and leadership skills.
- Conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional and caring manner
- Carry out funeral services from initial call of the deceased to final disposition
- Assist in the maintenance of the facilities, grounds and vehicles
- Ensure that all federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry are followed
- Prepare the memorial area for the family before the services start
- Ensure that flowers and other memorabilia are returned to the family after services
- Maintain reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
- Train all staff and strictly enforces all logging, identification, casketing and cremation procedures
- Current certification if required by state regulations
- 1+ years of funeral industry experience
- Professional communication skills
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Understanding of the services and products available
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.