Are you searching for a rewarding career with a path for advancement? Do you love customer service, but wish you did work that really mattered?
Greenwood Memorial Park & Mortuary has served the greater San Diego Community for over 100 years. At Greenwood, you have the opportunity to make a difference during the most difficult time in people’s lives. Located at the 805 South & Imperial Ave., we’re surrounded by diversity and cultures of all faiths. We are proud to have staff that is just as diverse as our beautiful city. As a Greenwood Licensed Embalmer, you will learn the customs of various cultures and how each faith celebrates the life of a loved one lost.
Greenwood Memorial Park & Mortuary is searching for a passionate and innovative person to join our team as a Licensed Embalmer. Why is this opportunity for you?
- Meaningful work in a passionate and supportive team environment. You will be surrounded by professionals who support your successes and share your challenges.
- Our staff and our clientele reflect the diversity that makes our San Diego community so special. Serving such a wide array of cultures provides unique opportunities to celebrate the life of a loved one in a manner that is meaningful to each individual family.
- Our on site Funeral Home, Cemetery, and Care Center gives families the convenience of holding all services at one location. We’re able to provide the most personal, seamless services for our families.
- Greenwood is one of the largest funeral homes in San Diego and is still growing
- Part of the historic Community of San Diego, surrounded by Beautiful Bays & Balboa Park.
- Full benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO and 401K.
Responsibilities As a Licensed Embalmer at Greenwood Memorial Park & Mortuary, you’ll be responsible for performing embalming, disinfecting, dressing, preparing, and casketing of the deceased using appropriate precautions and OSHA standards, while providing a source of support during the loss of a loved one.
- Current license in the state of California or must be able to reciprocate
- 1+ years of funeral industry experience
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
- Sunday – Thursday availability needed
Our staff is trusted by more families than any other location in the county for a reason — we have great people! Our people are highly tenured for a reason — this is a great place to work! Please don’t wait. Call and talk to us today to schedule an interview before this position is filled. To learn more about Greenwood, click here.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, click the Apply Now link on this page, or for a confidential conversation about this opportunity, contact Ivy Hemphill, Care Center Manager, by email at email@example.com or call (619) 264-3131 EXT# 20113. We can’t wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you’ll love it here!
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.