Embalmer (Dallas, TX)
At NorthStar Memorial Group, we choose collaboration over bureaucracy. Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage & empower our people at every level to speak up, be heard, and watch their ideas become realities.
Sound too good to be true? Check us out on Glassdoor to see why our employees have voted NSMG one of the best companies to work for 7 years in a row! Click here to view us on Glassdoor
We are seeking an Embalmer for Restland Funeral Home in Dallas, TX. This position will be responsible for caring for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks including, embalming, removals and transfers, cosmetology, dressing, hairstyling, and any other preparation required for the deceased. The successful candidate will have a current license in the applicable state and knowledge of the current regulations related to the funeral industry.
- Ensure proper chain of custody is maintained throughout the preparation process
- Maintain a sterile and safe work environment consistent with company, government and industry rules, regulations and practices
- Maintain reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
- Complete and enforces all logging, identification, and casketing procedures
- Train staff on company procedures and guidelines as needed
- Perform embalming, disinfecting, dressing, preparing and casketing of the deceased using appropriate precautions and OSHA standards
- Current license in applicable state
- 1+ years of funeral industry experience
- Professional communication skills
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Click here to join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.