Reports to: Head of Cemeteries and Director of Sales
Location: Resthaven Memorial Park
Job Description: We are looking for a Cemetery Sales Manager to manage the sales team at a high volume cemetery. Above all, we are searching for a motivated team player who wants to be part of a fast growing company and a tight-knit group. Ability to relocate or commute is preferred.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
● Develop, review, and update strategic planning initiatives to drive sales, monitor costs and improve the Cemetery grounds and inventory
● Effectively develop sales strategies with the sales team to meet monthly sales goals.
● Manage the sales team, including effective org chart design, recruiting, onboarding, training, discipline, and development
● Manages and participate hands-on with the office portion of the cemetery’s service, handling genealogy requests, location assistance, work order requests, customer concerns, and cooperation with other cemetery relationships
● Establishes systems for recordkeeping, forms for tracking of information, inventory and work orders
● Evaluates, creates, participates in Cemetery events to enhance its purpose and community involvement where appropriate
● Continually pursues methods and procedures of excellence to uphold the cemetery’s reputation
● Provide training regarding internment orders, interment verification procedures, property cards, interment cards, quitclaims, sales contracts, deeds, issue resolution forms and other documents
Salary: $70,000 plus commissions to be discussed.
● 4+ years of experience in a Supervisory role in the cemetery business required
● Understanding of Cemetery protocols
● Must be able to move easily up and down a flight of stairs unassisted and walk the equivalent of 4 city blocks to show plot sites to patrons
● Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. to waist height.
● Supervised 5 or more people at one time
● Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
● Strong communication and effective leadership skills
Insurance Benefits: Employees may participate in the company health, dental, and vision insurance plans after the completion of a 90-day trial period. The employer contributes 50% of the health insurance expense for a single individual. All other expenses are at the option of and borne by the employee.
Retirement Benefits: Employees may participate in the company 401(k) plan after the one-year anniversary of employment. The company will match up to 6% of employee-contributed funds (capped at an annual compensation of $50,000 per employee) to the 401(k) plan, subject to a retention schedule.